PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

pete smith:
Morning Dean,Hudsons of Dudley, Canal Street, Brierley Hill, thank you to Paul for taking
and to yourself for posting these cracking photo’s Dean, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info and comments Pete,Paul will appreciate them ! :wink:

gazsa401:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the F89 ■■ Been fitted with a large fuel tank.
Marshall ERF from Nottingham.

Hey up Dean the Volvo looks like an ex Walkers of Tuxfords the livery look similar
Also the ERF pulling the Marshall trailer belonged to C H Stead Transport from Nottingham they also ran Scammell Crusaders. Steads ceased trading when Trent Concrete went belly up in the late 90s

Thanks for the comments Gary ! :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:
Another shot of Frampton’s 5MW-cabbed ERF :wink: . Robert

Thanks Robert,nice pic. :smiley:

moomooland:
Fibreglass were part of the Pilkington Group Limited from St Helens.
Yard shot taken in the factory at St Helens during the 1970’s.
A London Transport Thames Trader recovery vehicle lends a helping hand with a Fiberglass 1972 registered
Ford ‘D’ Series tractor unit in the centre of London.

Thanks for the info and photos Paul ! :wink:

5thwheel:

DEANB:
K.W.Jones DAF. Is Jones a Welsh motor ■■

Dean,Jones Daf was from Newport Gwent,or so it says on the passenger door!,so to provide an answer to your question,yes it appears it is a Welsh motor.David

:laughing: :laughing:

240 Gardner:

gazsa401:

smallcoal:
Hi dean. Meachers was a big organisation from Southampton you don’t see them anymore like before cheers John

They also had a depot at Raynesway in Derby not far from Rolls Royce Cheers Gary

For the benefit of their Pirelli business, I think

Thanks Chris ! :smiley:

moomooland:
Registered new in 1965 Thames Trader drop-side tipper Reg No BOW 765C is now preserved in the livery of the Forestry Commission.

You certainly have an eye for these old ones Paul ! :laughing:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
I had some stuff on the Leader but cant find it. :unamused: I have not looked at the photo you are talking
about but they also offered the Venturer. Now we will wait for “240 Gardner” to come along and bollock as
all for talking rubbish as he knows a thing or two about these Atkinson’s ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Who, me??
Many of the twin steers, called ‘Rear Steer’ by Atkinson, were built for 32T operation, particularly where shorter trailers were in use, prior to the 4-axle 32T outfit coming into common use after the C&U regs were relaxed.
Although superficially similar, the ‘Leader’ was a heavier duty machine launched in October 1970, and designed for 38 ton operation at a time when the manufacturers all fondly believed we were going to get an uplift from 32 to 44T! When the weight increase didn’t happen, most were cut down to 4x2 tractors, as were many earlier Rear Steers.

Yeah “YOU” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

240 Gardner:

dave docwra:
Hi, Does anyone recognise this old girl, I stumbled across her in a yard along with a MK2 Marathon in Irthlingborough, I think she may have been an ex Agnew & Lithgow unit originally going by her registration number HSJ950N.

New to Osborne’s of Kilmarnock, apparently, and used to carry whisky. Here it is in 2007, at the Great Dorset Steam Fair:
1975 Atkinson Borderer HSJ950N.Martin Smith

And when in the ownership of Jim Horn:

Later, it passed to Ian Roberts of Carnoustie:

HSJ 950N Atkinson Borderer.Jim Horn

Later still:
Atkinson Borderer HSJ 950N.Gyles Carpenter

Sad to see it falling on hard times now :frowning:

That motor certainly had a life looking at the number of owners it had ! :smiley:

Muffy1982:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Crusader ■■? Never seen 3 x michelin men on a truck before ! :laughing:

Think it says R+K Sherland of Sturminster Newton on the door.

Its R & M Shepard of sturminster Newton

Thanks for the info chap ! :wink:

FLOURPOWER:
MIXED BUNCH TODAY

Nice pics “FLOURPOWER” thanks for posting ! :smiley: