C+E Licence Run Out-Happy or Sad!

Cheers Kev, yeah I should find more time now to go to shows and gatherings, we just need the weather to play ball now, today is a good start! Just a couple of points regarding renewing or ending entitlements, reading through the Licence Information sheet they sent along with my reminder it seemed to say if you want to keep your licence up after the age of 70 you have to apply every year, if I read this correctly it seems a bit excessive. Mind I found the form I had to fill in less than easy to understand, typical of the DVLA, I was ticking boxes for this and that and when I gave the form and the Info sheet a second look over it seems I only needed to tick one box to relinquish my LGV entitlement and send the form off with my current licence (which I didn’t do and it was returned a week later for me to add both photocard and paper copy) again this was confusing as it said on one section of the form, when you get your licence send your old one to DVLA! It would have all been much easier if they had added a short note to say if you are not renewing your LGV/Bus then just put a cross in Box whatever and send it to DVLA with your current licence’s, simple, do they not realise we are getting old! Neither when speaking of your licence on the form do they differentiate between the Photocard and paper type. All this could have been made easier if we had just kept the old style HGV Booklet licence as a separate entitlement. Oh well suppose I shouldn’t worry now until I need my 100 year old driving assessment! :smiley: Franky.