C+E Licence Run Out-Happy or Sad!

Lawrence Dunbar:

gingerfold:
After it taking me 1 hour 50 minutes to get home 16.5 miles from Trafford Park to Bolton this evening by car I’m thankful that I am now not licensed to drive HGVs. There have been occasions since I didn’t renew it when an LGV licence would have been very useful, but I had to find another way to get around the problem, instead of jumping in a lorry and going driving.

+1, Im just relaxing with a very large single malt, Thinking about when driving a wagon was a job & a pleasure sometimes, I made a good living driving for an employer, Then I had a go as a owner driver in 1972, I never made a fortune but I Did make a good living out of it Hard work I must admit, But at the end of the day I came out of it with plenty of money to see me for the rest of my life.Regards Larry.

I got 100% job satisfaction out of my lorry driving life, sure, there were crap days but there were a hell of a lot of good days. It’s a whole different job now compared to the times us old lads were on the road. In our day we got loaded, got our notes, AND THEN we just got on with the job, we were left to do our job ourselves, nobody ringing every ten minutes wanting updates on progress. If you stop for a pee now the tracker knows :unamused:
I’ve no desire to go back…but I’d like just one day with a Mk 5 AEC with a 4000 gallon tank on the back :smiley: