Salisbury alleged Russian connection [Merged]

There are some comparisons to our time and the 60’s now.

We’re past a “zenith” of how good things were when Labour was spending money rather than fixing the roof when the sun was shining, in the era between 1997 and 9/11 I’m thinking now in particular.

Just started watching this series “The Looming Tower”, and it’s striking how many past events, small subtleties - keep on cropping up over the decades.

In the 60’s, we had the “Never had it so good” generation, we had “Make Love not War”, and we had the very familiar “I ain’t gonna be called up to fight in no war” as well.

…So what did we get? - Bump off the president that took the world to the brink, get the vice president to serve the “Deep state” better, and concoct a totally unnecessary war that would ultimately CULL that “never had it so good” younger generation in particular. A decade on, the country full of PTSD middle age dudes, - after the slump, we saw a rise of “globalist” style, “Greed is Good” types, who’ve made use of that old adage “Possession is nine-tenths of the law”. We got it here in the UK with “Yuppies” and “Loadsamoney” types, and a “walk on by” society where everyone is out for themselves… Those that prospered under Thatcher that is. Those that didn’t included my own generation, who tried to cut themselves a career in science and engineering - just as the both of them go out of fashion big-time! :angry:

I spent more than half of the 80’s decade “not earning the same as the person working next to me”. My eventual decision to take a job with RM was more about “Job Security” so that would never happen to me again. These events DO change your lifestyle, like it or not. The politics is still as important today for our current younger generation, too of course.

There just are not enough fancy well-paid jobs to take up all the graduates with the currently popular degrees, and even basic know-how. If expectations run too high, then the disappointment when it comes - will be soul-crushing as well, just as it was in the period between the end of the falklands war and the “Big Bang”.

Some desire for their old bogeyman back, with a whiff of nostalgia about it. We’re just as nukeable today as we were back in the 80’s, no more, and no less likely to have the button pushed on us one day. The difference today I reckon, is that we might actually be more likely to be nuked by America than Russia/China now.

The whole world is now politically unstable. Macron isn’t helping, globalist puppet that he is.

Let’s see what Viktor Orban can do, bearing in mind that Hungary is supposed to be this country that didn’t think much of Russia, AND takes money off the EU - and despite that - STILL elected a Right-Wing leader, more comparable to Putin than anyone else in Europe, dare I say…

Meanwhile, back in Blighty - the only thing our main three parties agree upon - is to keep what they consider to be “Far Right” (AND "far Left) parties out of office.
The far right are already in jail though.
That gives Corbyn’s Far Left henchmen a shot at power, and should he get there - Corbyn would be quickly discared, if my conspiracy senses are upto the mark here. :frowning:

I ain’t afraid of Corbyn. I’m afraid of those who want him to win power for them.

“We seek power for power’s sake. Power is the ends. Not the means.”