Dog kennel for Drivers at Premdoor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image4656461.jpg

FFS
That’s a disgrace,
Thing is we as as drivers have to power to change this,
Get it plastered on social media with the company name saying how they treat drivers.
No company likes bad publicity,and what we are expected to lay down and accept now is scandalous…

A prison cell is bigger than that,it has to be because murderers and general baddies have human rights…no chance I’d sit in there,.

I’ve delivered there a few times and have never been told i have to stay in the shed. I always sit in my cab, but then again, I am on containers, not that that should make a difference.

madmackem:
I’ve delivered there a few times and have never been told i have to stay in the shed. I always sit in my cab, but then again, I am on containers, not that that should make a difference.

i am on containers not allowed to sit in cab!
Even after handing keys in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Premdoor at Barnsley? A boiler exploded there about 3 week ago and a person was seriously injured so they’ll be all over H&S at the minute and in the future.

It may be safer for forkies to lock the driver in a cell.
Is it healthy for a driver to sit in a poorly ventilated, possibly cold and damp shed?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

It appears that there is no crash barrier protecting the shed from being hit by a vehicle, just inform them that your truck has passed rigorous safety tests that supercede a flimsy wood kennel and in the interest of health and safety, you will remain in a safe environment until the area is clear of striking hazzards.

Bite back.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They are very very keen for H&S there, from knowing a couple of guys that work there.

When I delivered there the forklift driver was very apologetic when he said I need your keys and you need to go to the shed. Told me just to stand somewhere near it but I only had a pallet for them.

The gatehouse bods are the best there, park an inch over the line if you want a good laugh.

Honked:
It appears that there is no crash barrier protecting the shed from being hit by a vehicle, just inform them that your truck has passed rigorous safety tests that supercede a flimsy wood kennel and in the interest of health and safety, you will remain in a safe environment until the area is clear of striking hazzards.

Bite back.

Nice point. If you’re outside you can see and take avoiding action if necessary. If inside you have,as you say, no protection and no line of sight of approaching hazards.
[emoji6]
Edit. Plus not being DayGlo Orange the shed us invisible to forkies.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I’m not really one to complain and bleat about drivers being treated like idiots and animals because let’s face it the percentage is steadily rising in their favour, but I would not sit in that shed (which is dip treated with chemicals btw, breathe them in at your peril especially on a hot day) I would offer to stand in an area clear of all FLT movement, I would even offer to drop my trailer and park the unit out of the way and wait in my cab whilst they tipped it they can even have the keys whilst tipping me, but I would not ever sit in that shed.

If that resulted in a failed tip so be it, I’d take pictures of the shed and then show them to my Boss explaining my suggested (and far safer) alternatives.

Just for fun, this is on the label of the stuff that shed and fence panels are dipped in…

Signal Word Warning
Hazard Statement Skin Sens. 1: H317 - May cause an allergic skin reaction.
Eye Irrit. 2: H319 - Causes serious eye irritation.
Aquatic Chronic 3: H412 - Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
Precautionary Statement:
Prevention
P261 - Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
P264 - Wash thoroughly after handling.
P272 - Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace.
P273 - Avoid release to the environment.
P280 - Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
Precautionary Statement:
Response
P302+P352 - IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/ .
P305+P351+P338 - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact

Surely if they were as strict on H&S as they seem to be they should have a crash barrier around that shed, the forklift or a numpty reversing onto that bay could easily demolish it with no effort at all.

Reef:
I’m not really one to complain and bleat about drivers being treated like idiots and animals because let’s face it the percentage is steadily rising in their favour, but I would not sit in that shed (which is dip treated with chemicals btw, breathe them in at your peril especially on a hot day) I would offer to stand in an area clear of all FLT movement, I would even offer to drop my trailer and park the unit out of the way and wait in my cab whilst they tipped it they can even have the keys whilst tipping me, but I would not ever sit in that shed.

If that resulted in a failed tip so be it, I’d take pictures of the shed and then show them to my Boss explaining my suggested (and far safer) alternatives.

Just for fun, this is on the label of the stuff that shed and fence panels are dipped in…

I totally agree. It only takes a few minutes to uncouple/recouple and you’d be out of the way.
I’d completely refuse the shed … but then again I’m fortunate enough to be financially able to walk away from any job - most ain’t that lucky.

I will let you know how I get on…
twitter.com/phil__foster/status … 65056?s=19

Honked:

this could be intresting :exclamation: top man honked.

Honked:

I’ll have to give you a like here…I like!

Cheers guys, I’m not the best at understanding stupid rules so if you come across anymore, send them my way and I will tackle them.

If you have twitter then like it or retweet it to maximise exposure.

Lets bring common sense back.

Honked:
Cheers guys, I’m not the best at understanding stupid rules so if you come across anymore, send them my way and I will tackle them.

If you have twitter then like it or retweet it to maximise exposure.

Lets bring common sense back.

I’m sure that’s some sort of ism and isn’t allowed these days? :slight_smile:

Honked:

Best way to get anything done now it seems, bring it up on social media.

The solution is simple, don’t sit there !
Jesus just stop excepting this twaddle and life “may” improve for the UK drivers, can you imagine this in France / Spain etc ?