South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Ianto full pelt:

pete 359:
Hi all,
A Seddon from Vale Transport,then based in Aberkenfig.

Morning Andrew/ Richard like all the Raymond brothers started out from their parents farm Ty-Gwyn farm Court Colman still there but now totally derelict I think their father was Frank Raymond and the only one to remain farming was William sold up years ago went west I believe JR used to keep unsprayed borderers there in the barn when he was in Coychurch Rd. Just a bit of Info for you cheers Ian .

Hi Ianto, not wrong, the farm was near Court Coleman, I remember taking drivers up there to collect ‘new’ trucks, some may have been parked there for nigh on a year or more, JR would buy in bulk for the discount he would get for purchasing a large amount in one go I suppose. All would be white, black chassis, no fifth wheel, spare wheel bolted where the fifth wheel should be, I remember there being 401’s, and 301’s in the barn, normally six or seven of each, drivers would bring them down for us to PDi before Pat putting his magic touch with the red and white, and then hand painting the JR stripe and logo on the cab. Then muggins here would put them back straight with wipers, plates, mirrors, rear mudguards & lights etc… ready for the off. Simon