W.H.WILLIAMS (spennymoor)

harry_gill:

Carl Williams:
Couple of photos of our Atkinson with Gardner Engine. Bit dirty, particularly as we had an automatic vehicle wash that would wash from front to back including roof of tractor & trailer complete, but in defence that tractor unit had not been back to Spennymoor for over three weeks, changing trailers at our Sheffield depot. At the time we were taking Beds, 3 piece suites, cabinet furniture and flatpacks which had been sorted at our Spennymoor warehouse into areas to deliver to our various depots, which in turn were delivered with smaller vehicles to mail order customers at their homes. This tractor had been picking up trailers which had been shunted down to Sheffield taking onto our London depot, and returning to Sheffield loaded trailers with flatpack furniture which our tractors ferrying trailers to Sheffield would return to our Spennymoor warehouse, to store and draw orders from as the mail order customers bought.

Hiya,
I see your Atki was a bit like mine Carl, the Atki’s I drove usually were prone
to a visit from the knight’s head burglars I had a couple “removed” during my
time on the road also had DOG removed from a Dodge most likely to adorn
some drivers pet pooches living quarters, all “burglaries” occurred whilst I was
overnighting at the Lincoln Farm transport cafe.
thanks harry, long retired.

Well as well, Harry, you must also approve of the dirt, which proved it really had been working