Another class 1 idiot on the road

sammym:
Frankly if I was asked to drive class one now I would but would refuse to put it on a bay when I got to the destination. I’d insist on a shunter doing it. That sounds pathetic but I have no interest in damaging anyone or anything.

You need to remember that your reversing was good enough to pass your test so it’s good enough to stick it on a bay, reversing isn’t witchcraft or dark magic it’s something you are taught to do and then fine tune and improve upon over time and with repetition

You will get to the point where you think “yeah I’m a reversing god”, which is usually followed soon after by a scrape or bang that swiftly brings you back down to mere mortal status again but you’ll get there nonetheless.

Just remember:
Slow and steady - You do it at your pace not what you (often wrongly) assume the warehouse or other drivers think is acceptable.
Get Out And Look - Someone went to a lot of effort to come up with that acronym, don’t let it go to waste.
Check, check and re-check - Never just assume your clear left, right, behind or even in front, many have lost a step or scraped a bumper because they focused solely on the trailer and not what the cabs doing
Don’t be a [zb] (rhymes with hunt), shunt! - It takes as many shunts as it needs, there is no limit though these will drastically reduce over time and the more proficient you get
Even us seasoned “experts” will still make a complete ■■■■ up of reversing on occasion, the difference is we don’t sweat it, we call ourselves a “[zb]ing numpty” and then just get on and correct the manoeuvre
And finally, Enjoy it!