Good long term career to get into?

HOP 2 IT:
Don’t let all the naysayers put you off.

I’m 22 and always wanted to drive trucks, I love it! Being out on the road is great,in a truck the time flies by.

Yes, and your life also flies by. It will not be that fun when you hit your late 20’s, when the weeks will fly past and you will realize your not doing/haven’t done much

HOP 2 IT:
Don’t let all the naysayers put you off.

Because me and OP are young guns, we don’t know what it was back in ‘the old days’ with no night heater, clunky crash manuals, analogue tachos. The norm for us is nice interiors, smooth autos and modern trucks driven by electronics. Waaaay better.

Modern day lorry driving doesn’t require much brainpower :wink: There is nothing to be fond of. Having a sat nav does not require you to critically think how to get to places. Risk assessments for deliveries (supermarket work) makes you a biological robot, which has to follow certain steps. Availability of mobile mechanics does not force you to even know any mechanical stuff about the lorry. And by mechanical stuff I don’t mean shaking the spray suspension with a smart face or checking that the lights work, a ten year old can do that.