Jobs In Canada

Quite a few inaccuracies in that post, first of all the Cascadia, they used Mercedes Benz Actros MP2 switchgear and door handles, steering wheel etc and were available with a Mercedes Benz inline 6 engine as well as the Detroit and ■■■■■■■ options. The only British O/O I personally know with a Cascadia has a Merc engine in his one. Nothing at all like a 1995 IVECO, I know this having owned a 1995 440E52 EuroStar, also interior specs differ greatly, a poverty spec Cascadia will of course be quite basic, but tick a few boxes on the options list and you can have an interior every bit as luxurious as anything else on the market.

Secondly, 16hr days and working for free for some of those 16hrs, that my friend is up to you, if you choose to work for a company that operates in this way, you have nobody to blame but yourself, there are plenty of well paid jobs about that don’t require you to max out your hours every day, you cannot pass judgement on the whole industry because you couldn’t find a decent job.

An expat I know of has recently decided to get out of long haul because he can’t make a living anymore due to the introduction of elogs, another idiot I’m afraid, only able to earn a wage by working all the hours under the sun and he says he’s sorry to leave as it was a good job! Seriously, he could only make it pay by working illegally and putting in 18hr days and he reckons it was a good job! Unbelievable! Idiots like that are the reason these crap jobs exist.

And here’s the thing, who moved to Canada to work? I never, well actually I did as I only intended to come here for a couple of years, drive a big yank tank and see the sights, but I liked the life here and that’s why I stayed. That’s what emigration is about, a better life, if you base that on work alone and decide to mess that up even more by working a crappy job, it’s hardly going to make a happy ending is it.

It does raise a good point though, if you’re only thinking of moving to Canada, or anywhere else for that matter, to get a better job, you’ll be disappointed, even if you get the best job in the country, there’s far more to it than work.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk