Female trucker becomes a hero

Saw this last night. Well done to her. Although it ended well or as well as it could. Had something gone wrong while trying to stop the vehicle the headline would be very different.

Bet she still had to fill out an accident form and have a D&A test though.

But I reckon it’s worth doing something good in that scenario and you would like to think drivers are praised for such actions but there is damage to the truck to consider and had it gone wrong trying to stop it the backlash it would have caused.

She very probably did avert a bigger accident happening, but as I say if it hadn’t gone to plan and a bad accident happened still where would you stand?

I assume the vehicle was meandering at a relatively slow speed seeing as most DHL trucks are limited to 52mph. Which begs another question of using cruise control all the time. Should something like that happen and you lost consciousness your travelling flat out with no driver input, at least using the throttle if you lose consciousness you likely to lose speed as your unlikely to keep the pedal down so will slow down naturally.