Good long term career to get into?

truckyboy:
Hi Chris…at the end of the day…if thats what you want to do…then i would go for it…despite the negative comments, theyre mostly from drivers who are fed up with their current job, but cant see a way out to find or so something else…thats my opinion.
I started over 50 years ago…been there, done it etc…and loved every minute…and i still do…there have been some bad times, but mostly good, i never allowed any company to bully me, and have moved firms many times, if they want it there at such and such a time…i do my best to make that booking, or catch a ferry or whatever, polite to customers, etc and treat nearly everyone with respect…if theyre nice to me…i am to them…but there are some idiots in the offices now, no planning ideas, and that gets my goat at times…but treat as they treat me…If you wanna follow in dads footsteps…go for it…you wont get rich, but you can live comfortable…However…seeing as you do have a choice…a trainee train driver starts at around £45 grand…and once trained and with some overtime, you can earn above £60 grand…and minimal fuss loading and unloading. :smiley: :smiley: good luck fella…btw, if every newbie took notice of what they`ve been told, especially on here, there really would be a huge shortage of drivers…as no one would join this industry…just a thought.

Told ya before, no they don’t…try £20k+ for the first 12 months or so. :stuck_out_tongue: