Female trucker becomes a hero

.bit.ly/2Hwo4ER

obviousy not an owner driver.
dhl must be well impressed if shes took the side out of their van.
probably they will try and wangle some good press out of it though?

Good for her…its not often the police praise HGV drivers…and from the sounds of it…well deserved…at least shes No Chicken :smiley:

truckyboy:
Good for her…its not often the police praise HGV drivers…and from the sounds of it…well deserved…at least shes No Chicken :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^
that last remark was a bit fowl as the bird driving for dhl is obviously supreme,
though possibly the w&d driver was a bit of a nugget if he knew he was prone to such a condition.
he deservers to be tarred and feathered or at least battered as he should have made a clean breast of that when at his medical instead of trying to wing it…can someone else keep this pish going now please? :slight_smile:

I wonder if she would have been similarly praised if the W&D had mounted that bank, and turned over…

Saw this last night. Well done to her. Although it ended well or as well as it could. Had something gone wrong while trying to stop the vehicle the headline would be very different.

Bet she still had to fill out an accident form and have a D&A test though.

But I reckon it’s worth doing something good in that scenario and you would like to think drivers are praised for such actions but there is damage to the truck to consider and had it gone wrong trying to stop it the backlash it would have caused.

She very probably did avert a bigger accident happening, but as I say if it hadn’t gone to plan and a bad accident happened still where would you stand?

I assume the vehicle was meandering at a relatively slow speed seeing as most DHL trucks are limited to 52mph. Which begs another question of using cruise control all the time. Should something like that happen and you lost consciousness your travelling flat out with no driver input, at least using the throttle if you lose consciousness you likely to lose speed as your unlikely to keep the pedal down so will slow down naturally.

I wonder what would have been the consequences and general opinion (of both police and general public) if her actions had directly resulted in her sending the W&D driver down a steep ditch or into tree or concrete post and killing him though… :confused:

Thanked by Avon and Somerset police for her actions.

Employee of the month winner to be announced in due course I imagine.

Reef:
I wonder what would have been the consequences and general opinion (of both police and general public) if her actions had directly resulted in her sending the W&D driver down a steep ditch or into tree or concrete post and killing him though… :confused:

Almost as cynical as me. Lol we all know had it gone wrong she would have been crucified by the police for doing it, lost her job most likely and grief for it from every side.

It’s a split second decision time I guess and hope it goes the right way.

I’d like to think most of us would do the same in that scenario although you can understand why people would have reservations to do so and just watch the carnage unfold.

All worked out well though thankfully, she will get some praise and DHL will get some good publicity from it no doubt.

i can imagine they might milk it to death seeing as she isnt a hairy assed fat male truckie and definately a bit more photogenic.
shed deffo all cuddly mumsie and pumpable somewhat like a poor mans lorraine kelly.
id certainly let her sideswipe me or even bash my rear doors in…( thought i might as well beat dipper to it) :slight_smile:

Excellent work that Driver.

A very brave move on her part, all ended well and if I was the driver that lorry she had pushed into the hard shoulder, I would be extremely grateful to her. It is this sort of publicity that we need, I don’t think that actually taking the mick out of this incident is very appropriate. She did well and deserves credit for her actions. No doubt she will get disciplined over it.

UKtramp:
A very brave move on her part, all ended well and if I was the driver that lorry she had pushed into the hard shoulder, I would be extremely grateful to her. It is this sort of publicity that we need, I don’t think that actually taking the mick out of this incident is very appropriate. She did well and deserves credit for her actions. No doubt she will get disciplined over it.

i don’t think she will be disciplined…some good PR for DHL at last! she’ll have her story all over the quarterly magazine we all get.
but no doubt on arrival back at her base…she would have been breathalysed,been interviewed by the managers,filled in numerous forms,and possibly have to take a re-assessment :unamused:

Top Lass, action was needed and she stepped up, bugger the probabilities of things going wrong, to do nothing was not an option.

A heroine who deserves a lot of praise, not all heroes wear capes although she would look good in a Wonder Woman costume (yes I’m into ■■■■■■ cosplay at the moment).

Be a right kick in the ■■■■■ if her insurance premiums went up though in true ‘no good deed goes unpunished’ stylee.

Reef:

It all could have gone incredibly wrong as I’m sure this lady wasn’t choosing exactly where to end this.

But fair play to her - alls well that ends well.

This time.