PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

revman:
hi Dean great pics again,re day cab Volvos Ye they were quite rare here’s a couple I drove at BSC Rotherham Bulmers cider also ran them out of Hereford,the sleeper cab model couldn’t couple legally to our 40foot trailers but I suspect most operators disregarded that,cheer Alan

Nice pics Alan ! :wink: i understand that a fair few manufacturers had that problem with Leyland offering the smaller Marathon sleeper to get around the problem !

Heres a Bulmers F10 non sleeper.

bulmers volvo.PNG.jpg

Thanks for the Tuffnells pics ! :wink:

5thwheel:

pete smith:
Paul, Could this be the same motor?

Not unless the chassis has been messed about with,the wrecker looks to be a tipper chassis Pete.David

:unamused:

pete smith:
It might have been stretched, thinking if it had been the prototype it would be ok to use as a main dealer recovery vehicle? Where is that ROF when you need him?!

:laughing:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Paul, Great photos of Tuffnells lorries, and also the Roy Whittaker Scanias. Whittakers had a depot at Worthington Way in Wigan from about 1985, the depot was new to Robert Baillie from 1975. Do you have any pictures of Whittakers or Robert Baillie lorries atthe Wigan site ?. Sainsburys and Macdonalds have occupied the site since 1995. Regards, Ray Smyth.

What colour were Whittakers Ray ■■ :smiley:

240 Gardner:

moomooland:
Here’s a shot of another Econofreight Atki Chris, again with the Big A removed.
A few companies always removed the badges from the front of their lorries another that springs to mind was Bass Brewery below…

Thanks Paul,Not to mention Whitbread and Marley Tiles…

“240 Gardner” Heres one of Marley Tiles. :smiley:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Foley’s Scania.

I must admit, I don’t remember Foley running Scanias, only Mercedes and some secondhand Atkinsons for local work
Apart from other services they may have operated, B+I Line shared the Pandoro service into Dublin on a 50/50 basis, starting in 1976 - in those far off, pre-open borders era, I was led to understand that their participation was the price of P&O’s access to the port of Dublin. At that time, B+I was a “semi-state corporation” i.e. state owned, but with a remit to operate on a commercial basis and so strive for profit.
B+I operated only a trailer fleet, with no tractors of their own (at least in the U.K.) but. Foley was the nearest thing to their own fleet. I don’t know if it was true, but the tale in the late 1970s was that Mr Foley, or perhaps a relation, was the Transport Minister in Eire, and thus connected with B+I, if only loosely.
One of the Borderers bought secondhand from Pandoro for local work from Fleetwood and Liverpool:

Thanks for your intresting comments Chris ! Bit of a difference if you are a driver between the Merc and Atki !

Heres one of Pembroke Transport’s Seddon Atkinson’s pulling a B&I trailer. :wink:

A03648p.JPG