Good long term career to get into?

I think so, got my license when I was 21 (Now 30) did a few years bouncing between lot’s of different types of driving jobs doing max 65-70hr weeks etc before finding my current job (Posted on here). My average week hours since July last year when I started is 39.5hr and im on salary + expenses probably getting on for 15k+ more a year then my first HGV job and I get to travel UK/Ireland/Euro. I spend plenty of time away in hotels etc so even though I do less then 40hr a week work I have been away from home for more then 2 weeks sometimes.

I am more then happy with my current set up and on plenty more £££ then my mates working in call centres, electrical factors etc doing the same thing everyday.

The people who do best in this industry realise you need to make it a lifestyle choice in respect of working funny hours and being away from home when needed, I feel the day shift must make it back to base for tomorrows reload work to stressful. Having at least some interest in trucks help, not necessary wanting to polish fuel tanks etc but just keeping things clean and together.