Jobs In Canada

Pat Hasler:

nightline:
2 weeks pay after first year is there no employment laws in that country you would want your head tested to go there

LOL, This is why I don’t understand guys who want to leave the UK and drive over here and before anyone asks ‘Why did you do it then Pat ?’ I didn’t, I moved here to marry my wife, I had no intention of driving trucks for a living, in fact originally I was going to be a cartoonist for a very big satirical magazine in NYC but I was cheated on by them, after 18 months I had to go back to truck driving, at least the two companies I have worked for are fair and pay more than most, my present company now gives me 3 weeks and 2 days vacation pay, nowhere near what I was used to in the UK but better than most, I also get much higher pay than most. On most companies you get paid for just the miles you do, when you break down you get sweet FA while sitting there. A couple of weeks ago I got a bow out on the NJ turnpike, I was stuck there for 3 hours and then once repaired got on my way and thought nothing of it, however in this weeks pay advice I noticed there was 3 hours extra pay, they monitored how long I was stopped for the incident and paid me without me even asking, not many companies will do that here I assure you.

4 weeks fully paid , 4 on 4 off = 48 days here , not to mention pay for everything (pre trips , fuel , truck wash etc etc) . Night out money too Mr Hasler , not all North American trucking companies are slave drivers .