What’s best truck out their for fuel ?MPG ? 6x2 unit

ROADRANGER:

coiler:

ROADRANGER:

coiler:
If it’s a 2015 or later v4 Volvo that’s been serviced by a main dealer then the adblue faults should all be sorted. Plus all the electrical faults were sorted by then just make sure the living to parking parameter is set to no more than 4 hours or it will eat batteries.

Excuse my ignorance, but wtf does that mean?

Will try to elaborate.

There was various posts about the reliability of the V4 Volvo.

If you’re looking at a V4 Volvo Fh the main problems with the early (2013/2014) models were adblue faults and electrical faults.

The adblue faults were caused by the adblue pump not pumping enough air through the adblue pipes when the engine was turned off. This required a reprogram of the computer to increase the amount of time the air blows through the adblue lines, purging them of liquid and stopping the adblue nozzle from crystallising and blocking up.

The main electrical fault was the batteries didn’t last very long. This was caused by all the new electrical systems being live at all times, thus drawing about 8 amp even when turned off. Batteries were constantly discharging and recharging which they don’t really like doing, so we’re failing regularly.
Volvo sorted this by having a living mode and a parking mode. The living mode is activated when you turn the ignition off. This leaves power on for all ancillaries such as tv, interior lights, ciggy sockets etc. Everything is powered up.
After a certain length of time the vehicle turns everything off to save the power drain. This is the parking mode, and just leaves power for the absolute necessaries such as tacho, night heater. This saves battery drain and so saves the batteries.
The time between living mode and going into parking mode is important for battery life. My FH4’s are set to 4 hours, and I don’t have issues with the batteries. This parameter can be set either by a Volvo workshop or a man with a laptop if you know which parameter you are changing. Like me.

So therefore so long as the aforementioned updates have been completed the V4 Volvo is a reliable vehicle in my experience.

Hope this clears things up.

Good God.
Yes it does thank you.
Lucky escape for me, I was on the brink of buying one and opted for a Mercedes.
Totally trouble free and 9/10 mpg.

From 2015 they have seem to have ironed out all these problems, including the window that won’t fully close at 56mph. I would have no hesitation in recommending one. But if you’re looking at an early V4 from 2013, I would go for a V3 as they were bullet proof. I carried on buying V3’s until they stopped making them, the last one I bought was on a 63 plate, and all its had in that time other than regular servicing is a set of batteries and brake pads front and rear.