Small EE-Scandinavia diary

Thanks for the comments!

I guess one can say that drivers are spoilt with the ferries in Scandinavia, as even the shortest 2-hour crossings from Tallinn to Helsinki offer a buffet meal, cabin and access to sauna to cargo drivers.

In the afternoon I reach the border between Sweden and Norway at Ørje, where it might as well be 3am, as almost no trucks are going to Norway. The śingle truck belonging to my previous employer sits close to the x-ray truck, with the driver looking nervous. Perhaps he had stocked up on too much “singing oil”, preparing for the weekend in Norway?

It is actually forbidden by law for an “international transport worker”, eg a trucker or a sailor to bring a long any alcohol or tobacco into Norway, but I’ve never heard of the law being applied and haven’t gotten into any bother for bringing along the amount allowed into the country toll-free for all folk.

The customs checkpoint was open heading into Sweden, they only check for two things in cars coming into the EU - stolen goods and diapers. Diapers sold in Norway are of much higher quality, than those sold in EE and they cost about four-five times less than an equal amount goes for in a supermarket in EE.

But you can only bring along enough for your own familys consumption and not, for example, the 230 packs I can fit in my Volvo, roofbox included :laughing:

Time for a celebration! Vodka at home unfortunately.

Heavy traffic heading to Sweden for the weekend. Some go to their cabins, many commute to Norway from Sweden.

I take a 45min break just before joining the E6 motorway, see what the fridge has to offer. Well it’s not the best, but as I’m still suffering from the weight gained during my 6-week xmas holiday, the worse it is, the less of it I eat. Some tasteless pasta with minced meat from the supermarket in Estonia.

Steadily towards Trondheim. I must apologize for the terrible quality of the pics, surprisingly my Huawei still works after dropping it on the pavement from a height of twenty feet.

After passing through Oslo, three lanes merge into two, creating a bottleneck and corresponding Friday evening traffic jam. I’m getting off the motorway at this point, 4km and almost two hours until my booking at the Ringnes DC.

Checked in at the gate at 5.45pm, trailer empty with the CMR in hand at 6.25. They work until midnight anyway.