American Diner Group

Pat Hasler:
The term ‘American diner’ makes me laugh, I visit the UK about every 18 months to 2 years and do a lot of places to eat including ‘Buddies’ American diners, I have visited a few, one in Northampton, one in Towcester and another on the A46 somewhere north of Leicester … All of which have sweet FA todo with American food LOL.
My pure bred American wife makes me laugh when she has a tantrum at the staff for ‘Insulting the American food’ I quote her.
“Buffalo wings are so called because the have Buffalo sauce, these are not Buffalo wings for [zb] sakes, these are BBQ sauce covered chicken wings”
“I am sorry” say’s the waitress and takes them away.
“Don’t bring me a replacement, I don’t want anything you have spat in” says the wife LOL.
On our last visit she discovered ‘Lamb burgers’ … “What in heavens name is a lamb burger I ask you ?”
“It’s a traditional American burger made with minced lamb” says the young girl.
“There is no such thing as a traditional American lamb burger, in fact you could travel the entire USA and not see a [zb]ing lamb burger on sale anywhere”
Meanwhile myself and the others are falling about with laughter, but she is telling the truth, no self respecting American would consider eating lamb or any variation of that meat. Why try and copy so called ‘American diner’ if you cant actually get the food on the menu right ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Your wife’s a bit of a gob.

It’s a pishy chain restaurant that sells burgers, it’s not a like for like of a New York deli or a Southern Bbq. I’m sure her rudely telling the waitress that Americans don’t eat lamb really made the entire chain change their whole business model.

A.