Canada...illusions and info

Sorry for the late reply…

@newmercman: Thanks for bringing some balance to the equation. From a personal point of view, it is good to see things are moving towards a more manageable workload with companies, like yourself, offering good working conditions and healthy remuneration: $76,000 is excellent (at least in terms of UK equivalent). However, I guess it will take a few years before the changes filter through and establish a new standard. Something to keep an eye on, for sure.

@stevejones: Thanks, as usual :wink:

I have been in a similar situation before. In 2011, I went to work abroad for a year (nothing to do with driving) and before I committed myself I heard very contrasting views and opinions from people. Whilst this was useful in its own way, it made decision making a chore. Having you guys give a well balanced reading has been far more helpful and straightforward. Whilst I enjoyed my year abroad, I was very glad to come home. I think, given my different circumstances this time around and what I stand to loose here, I will remain in the UK and let you guys enjoy yourself on my behalf. I will check back in a few years, perhaps things will have changed enough to warrant a recce.

Thanks again to those who responded, for all the information and for helping out, much appreciated.