vosa checks

trans.info/surprising-move-by-d … ting-82765

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sounds about the same as OCRS anyway - those companies who are green on the traffic light system are less likely to get stopped than those on red. Those on green get there by complying with things while those on the red have caused alarm somewhere. It does say they still might get stopped.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a wagon from a major supermarket chain on a stop in any case so can’t see it making much difference to Sainsburys or John Lewis operations.

Own Account Driver:
Not sure I’ve ever seen a wagon from a major supermarket chain on a stop in any case so can’t see it making much difference to Sainsburys or John Lewis operations.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dont supose itl make much difference to the flipflops ad the tang either.
anytime you go in its like a queue for the ferry. :slight_smile:

‘My’ lot are mentioned and to be fair, we are pretty stringent on the rules & maintenance of the vehicles, even though some of the older rigids carry a few battle scars on the outside, underneath they’re up to scratch. Digicards are downloaded everyday and we have the analysis printouts to be signed once/week…even a very minor infringement and we have to explain ourselves but as we are under no pressure at mine, they happen hardly ever…well, since they sorted the bloody tachos from reverting to other work from break when the ignition was put on to open a window!

Full list is here.

Earned recognition - another scheme that costs money to join and be a member of, requires data processing and constant reporting in a format he authorities want, and is set up in a way that the biggest firms with their own workshops, Test lanes and big fleets of new motors are at a serious advantage.

Welcome to the British way of doing business. Where spying and tilting the table against small business isn’t just an occasion, it’s a way of life!

You had to apply to take part in the test. And it requires a lot of digital stuff - as I still believe in quill and ink, it’s way over my head.

It’s going to be the new way forward and well all have to join and if we don’t, the trucks will be stopped frequently, even if you are green on the OCRS.

I worked for one of them a few times last summer.
I found this tyre on a trailer.
I fail to see how making drivers aware they wont be stopped for a roadside check is going to improve this sort of thing from going unchecked. Making drivers lackadaisical and installing a “I dont need to, I wont get caught” attitude isnt a good idea in my opinion

20171216_104735.jpg

20171216_104727.jpg

Good point Snowman.

“ In turn, the companies will be regularly remotely transferring their documents to the agency, particularly prints from tachographs and bills of lading.”

Which basically means that “in turn” the DVSA will be able to remotely issue fines to individuals for Tacho offences that you may of once only got if you were pulled over and got a arsey DVSA officer…
Won’t be long before all tacho offences no matter how small will automatically generate a fine through your door.

The-Snowman:
I fail to see how making drivers aware they wont be stopped for a roadside check is going to improve this sort of thing from going unchecked. Making drivers lackadaisical and installing a “I dont need to, I wont get caught” attitude isnt a good idea in my opinion

Valid point. As for the tyre I would say agency [emoji6]

The Snowman is bang on, every driver who works for those listed firms now knows that they will never be pulled over for a roadside check. Traffic planners & management at those firms also know that their drivers will never be pulled over for roadside checks. This will only lead to complacency, wider spread lazy practise and convenient bending of the rules where it suits… “just stick that extra pallet on, no one will know it’s over weight”, “■■■■■■■■ to that broken brake light/low tread, i’ll just crack I won’t get pulled” etc. etc.

In my experience, a lot of these ‘green light’ and now soon to be except firms probably wouldn’t still have green lights if the DVSA weren’t so ■■■■■■■ at the roadside dealing with bent foreign hauliers all the time.

rob22888:
The Snowman is bang on, every driver who works for those listed firms now knows that they will never be pulled over for a roadside check. Traffic planners & management at those firms also know that their drivers will never be pulled over for roadside checks. This will only lead to complacency, wider spread lazy practise and convenient bending of the rules where it suits… “just stick that extra pallet on, no one will know it’s over weight”, “■■■■■■■■ to that broken brake light/low tread, i’ll just crack I won’t get pulled” etc. etc.

In my experience, a lot of these ‘green light’ and now soon to be except firms probably wouldn’t still have green lights if the DVSA weren’t so ■■■■■■■ at the roadside dealing with bent foreign hauliers all the time.

I put up a thread on the operators board a couple of weeks ago asking if anyone knew why we were getting pulled so much given that we are green. So I don’t think your last paragraph is true.

Last time we were pulled, the crew had been stopped on the way up at Gretna, then the following day on the way down at Gretna. Driver asked why again and was told because there was no number plate on the back. Walk to the back and there’s the number plate as clear as day. Muppets.

Nothing new really, the ministry have known for years who to pull and who not to.

albion:
I put up a thread on the operators board a couple of weeks ago asking if anyone knew why we were getting pulled so much given that we are green. So I don’t think your last paragraph is true.

Last time we were pulled, the crew had been stopped on the way up at Gretna, then the following day on the way down at Gretna. Driver asked why again and was told because there was no number plate on the back. Walk to the back and there’s the number plate as clear as day. Muppets.

I am driving, what police everywhere consider a target group, fridges, and I noticed that if we drive double manned ( I often drive together with my wife), we get pulled more in France and Belgium, because they think we are EE, driving a belgian lorry.

Ive worked for one on that list. Daily checks are done on a PDA. Any fails other than minor and you cant leave the depot. Transport dept and Regional directors get auto notified.Daf do everything on the 8 week check. Even grease the ramps and top up the washer bottle for you. Not surprised they made that list

The-Snowman:

And how many times has that trailer gone out with various drivers hooked up to it?? That sort of wear/damage doesnt happen within a few 00 km’s. Its not only the ‘i dont need to/ i wont get caught’ attitude they need to think about, its the damage it can cause when a tyre lets go under load. Top priority are bogie tyres, tread/ bulges/splits inc inside walls and pull forward half a turn to check again. Best one i had a few months back was hooking up to a fully freighted tilt at our drop and swop yard and it sat there with a shredded tyre…obviously the previous driver had absolutely no idea :unamused:

bald:

albion:

I am driving, what police everywhere consider a target group, fridges, and I noticed that if we drive double manned ( I often drive together with my wife), we get pulled more in France and Belgium, because they think we are EE, driving a belgian lorry.

That was one of the thoughts on the other thread. Double manned, often low height, so very EE looking at first glance. However, it does sort of rule out the we pull based on your OCRS score - we are green, UK reg. Oh well, another day, another dollar.

rob22888:

Well I haven’t found any of them that use curtainsiders have decent internal straps. As for Fraikin, well they are one of the worse fraikin operators. Driven a few of their hired out motors. Shocking condition.