Knob in a car

robroy:

Freight Dog:
I can’t see how you could’ve done that any differently. Impossible when someone’s acting like that. Suppose as you did, try best to be calm, protecting yourself from implication, closing the door and doing what’s reasonable to get out of the situation (impossible in your case as he was blocking you).

I was tempted to do what I once saw Jack Regan do on ‘The Sweeney’…kick the door and bang it on his head, but I thought better of it. :laughing:
I did have my steel toe boot on stand by, in case he tried to pull me out of the cab, but he saw I was deadly serious when I told him to get the [zb] off my door, and the situation then died down.
I must be mellowing as I’ve got a bit older. :laughing:

:laughing: . There’s some right screw looses out there. Remember that video of the tipper driver pulling that blokes wiper blades off? ■■■■■■.

I had a bloke try and pull me out a lorry once after he clipped his mirror off on my trailer. We were waiting on a round about in traffic, on the outskirts of London in boiling heat during rush hour. He came bounding out of his van, ran up the side screaming and yanking on the door, climbing up the steps banging the window like a Silver back. I though “not on your nelly! :laughing: “. Lucky I’d seen him coming and locked the door.

I rang the boss and asked what to do. He said “wait until he calms down, go out with the disposable camera (we carried disposable film cameras then) take a few pics and just say it was your fault and we”ll pay, even though it wasn’t your fault”. “Bloody Great” I thought. “Why me” ha.

Gave it a few mins then did the edgy walk towards his van holding this poxy blinking camera :laughing: . He calmed right down and was all sorry. Lucky really as he was bigger than me :laughing: .Took a few pics, gave the details and on the way lol.