Knob in a car

I can’t see how you could’ve done that any differently. Impossible when someone’s acting like that. Suppose as you did, try best to be calm, protecting yourself from implication, closing the door and doing what’s reasonable to get out of the situation (impossible in your case as he was blocking you).

I’ve got front and rear dashcams in my personal car. They run even when parked. They’re fit and forget, the footage saves on a loop internally. Occasionally I’ve had something happen. Had a woman behind got all aggy because I didn’t run the red light in front of us. She then did a mental overtake and nearly took out another car. Downloaded footage onto my phone via the camera WiFi just in case and kept it for a while on that one then deleted it. Just handy for any “he said, she saids”. They capture audio for a surprising distance too, including any nutters trying to open your door.

We have a spate of vehicle hijacks in Belfast where people were pulled out of the car at lights with a weapon pointed at them. My doors lock automatically once the car moves, maybe worth keeping your lorry door locked?