American Diner Group

The OK Diner (American DIner) is offering 20% discount to truck drivers

The one I went to was Southbound on the A1 but I believe they are in other locations. There was plenty of parking and unlimited tea and coffee refills :smiley:

I don’t benefit from this in any way, just thought it was worth passing on to others.

good_friend:

The one I went to was Southbound on the A1 but I believe they are in other locations. There was plenty of parking and unlimited tea and coffee refills :smiley:

I don’t benefit from this in any way, just thought it was worth passing on to others.

Don’t recall seeing any of these with truck parking at them.

A.

Adonis.:

good_friend:

Don’t recall seeing any of these with truck parking at them.

A.

You can park (and overnight) at the garage opposite the one on the A38 at Burton on Trent.

Newark northbound…

You won’t get a truck in there during opening hours.

The southbound one just south of Colsterworth, there is room for maybe one or two trucks out the front.

Northbound at Stamford there’s no room for trucks.

yourhavingalarf:
Newark northbound…

You won’t get a truck in there during opening hours.

The southbound one just south of Colsterworth, there is room for maybe one or two trucks out the front.

Northbound at Stamford there’s no room for trucks.

You beat me to it, the American diners don’t appear to be truck friendly.
So it’s ironic that they are offering a discount for truckers

No chance of getting near the cannock one either in a lorry.

Food and brekkies are decent there though if you can get in at other locations.

Just do not park outside The Fox if you want the Diner :smiley:

There seemed to be plenty at the one at went to. New Fox?? Southbound anyway,next to a pub

There was 1 already there and I parked a mega trailer with room to move around. Just stopped because I was hungry so no idea where it was sorry

Might benefit those who park at the BP garage at Leominster, there’s an OK Diner on the site.

There’s one next door to Ron Perry’s on the A19 southbound just before you hit the Hartlepool turn offs. Ron Perry’s has truck parking. :wink:

The term ‘American diner’ makes me laugh, I visit the UK about every 18 months to 2 years and do a lot of places to eat including ‘Buddies’ American diners, I have visited a few, one in Northampton, one in Towcester and another on the A46 somewhere north of Leicester … All of which have sweet FA todo with American food LOL.
My pure bred American wife makes me laugh when she has a tantrum at the staff for ‘Insulting the American food’ I quote her.
“Buffalo wings are so called because the have Buffalo sauce, these are not Buffalo wings for [zb] sakes, these are BBQ sauce covered chicken wings”
“I am sorry” say’s the waitress and takes them away.
“Don’t bring me a replacement, I don’t want anything you have spat in” says the wife LOL.
On our last visit she discovered ‘Lamb burgers’ … “What in heavens name is a lamb burger I ask you ?”
“It’s a traditional American burger made with minced lamb” says the young girl.
“There is no such thing as a traditional American lamb burger, in fact you could travel the entire USA and not see a [zb]ing lamb burger on sale anywhere”
Meanwhile myself and the others are falling about with laughter, but she is telling the truth, no self respecting American would consider eating lamb or any variation of that meat. Why try and copy so called ‘American diner’ if you cant actually get the food on the menu right ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

===========================

Pat, please have a read of forum rule #3 about auto censor dodging (again :unamused: ) dd.

Pat Hasler:
The term ‘American diner’ makes me laugh, I visit the UK about every 18 months to 2 years and do a lot of places to eat including ‘Buddies’ American diners, I have visited a few, one in Northampton, one in Towcester and another on the A46 somewhere north of Leicester … All of which have sweet FA todo with American food LOL.
My pure bred American wife makes me laugh when she has a tantrum at the staff for ‘Insulting the American food’ I quote her.
“Buffalo wings are so called because the have Buffalo sauce, these are not Buffalo wings for [zb] sakes, these are BBQ sauce covered chicken wings”
“I am sorry” say’s the waitress and takes them away.
“Don’t bring me a replacement, I don’t want anything you have spat in” says the wife LOL.
On our last visit she discovered ‘Lamb burgers’ … “What in heavens name is a lamb burger I ask you ?”
“It’s a traditional American burger made with minced lamb” says the young girl.
“There is no such thing as a traditional American lamb burger, in fact you could travel the entire USA and not see a [zb]ing lamb burger on sale anywhere”
Meanwhile myself and the others are falling about with laughter, but she is telling the truth, no self respecting American would consider eating lamb or any variation of that meat. Why try and copy so called ‘American diner’ if you cant actually get the food on the menu right ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Your wife’s a bit of a gob.

It’s a pishy chain restaurant that sells burgers, it’s not a like for like of a New York deli or a Southern Bbq. I’m sure her rudely telling the waitress that Americans don’t eat lamb really made the entire chain change their whole business model.

A.

My wife is not … "A bit of a gob’ sir. As you were not around to hear any of the conversations you have no idea of the tone or volume of the discussion. Just the very term you used shows your ignorance.

Pat Hasler:
My wife is not … "A bit of a gob’ sir. As you were not around to hear any of the conversations you have no idea of the tone or volume of the discussion. Just the very term you used shows your ignorance.

She swears at waitress, she’s a gob.

A.

Given what self-respecting Americans DO eat (grits, pumpkins,and meat which has more anti-biotics per ounce than an NHS dispensary) I’m extremely grateful to the OK Diner chain for saving us the suffering.

Same thing with ‘‘Irish Pubs’’ in England Pat.
Any pubs I’ve been to in Ireland, of which there were many :smiley: while running over there regular, did not bear any resemblance to those places whatsoever.

There is (or was) an Irish pub by the cathedral in Seville and their Guiness was bloody lovely, even more so when it was about 36 degs. outside …

raymundo:
There is (or was) an Irish pub by the cathedral in Seville and their Guiness was bloody lovely, even more so when it was about 36 degs. outside …

It’s true what they say that Guiness always tastes different and better in Ireland…aparentlly it does not travel well.
Although I once got drunk in an Irish pub in Prague but couldn’t tell the difference. :smiley:

I had a Maccy D in Phoenix many years ago and it was waaaay better than anything cranked out over here.

There’s one off the a55 mold services behind the mcdonalds which has truck parking.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk