What would you improve with modern lorries?

Freight Dog:

pierrot 14:
Freight, it doesn’t matter what you do to improve a wagon, really. New tech, new gismos, all singing all dancing mod-con gadgets, There’s still the human element behind the wheel that is driving the truck. In my opinion, less is best ! There is too much going on inside the cab nowadays. Too much to look at, too many regs and rules, too much to worry about,to much to divert your concentration away from the actual ART of driving!!!

I had a big chat about this with a car dealership bloke the other day when picking up some bits I snagged off on an Irish goat track :laughing: . I totally agree. Too many lights and screens on modern vehicles. Trucks seem less guilty than cars. My car is basic spec for its model. Just the way I like it. Engine, wheel, gear stick. Only luxuries are cruise control, auto wipers and dimming mirrors but they don’t really distract you.

I remember Scania got a basic one wrong for years and years. The seat! Perhaps they’ve sorted it. Perhaps not?

MMM yes the Scania back-breaker, never got on with their trucks just for that reason