M1 minibus crash, first day in court

Captain Caveman 76:

Rick W:
for the preceeding 15 mins everyone else drove round him apart from the indian who obviously wasnt hardly paying anymore attention than the fedex as he was stopped behind him.
if he was paying attention then he would have driven round him like everyone else.

You were not there so you are only surmising the situation like many others were doing immediately after the accident on this forum.
Not really wise as you could certainly be very wrong and could easily offend if certain people read your views.

Given that there was a lorry in lane one for around ten minutes and no one else had struck them, I think it’s fair to say that everyone else went round the obstruction.

I also think that the only difference between the minibus driver and the Fed ex driver is that the bus driver stopped. Given the position of the bus when it was struck, that can’t be in doubt either.

In ANY incident, there is a chain of events that lead up to it. Break that chain at any point, and the incident doesn’t happen. Now I’m not defending either lorry driver here, but the bus driver made a mistake and found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that contributed to the collision.

You may be right, you may be wrong but you are definitely surmising as you do not know all the details. Not wise in my book but it’s an open forum for discussion.