I wonder how long he's been using pure blue strobe lights

and getting away with it.

Saw an emergency vehicle of some description in heavy traffic coming the other way thismorning, outside lane of three lane urban by-pass chock a block with slow moving cars at peak time.

As i got closer it turned out to be a Daf XF or similar Daf model, towing a standard sized semi trailer (might have been a box jockey didn’t pay that much attention), in the front of the screen he had a row of blue lights, the outer set of each were strobing one side then the other, these were as bright and blue as you’d see on any genuine emergency vehicle.

Now maybe these help him get through traffic swiftly :wink: , but i wonder how long till a traffic car spots him and gives him the bollocking (and fines) of his life.

Or is Angus now pulling a trailer for better disguise, if so then A the lorry needs a wash mate, and B those blues are a dead giveaway.

Juddian:
and getting away with it.

Saw an emergency vehicle of some description in heavy traffic coming the other way thismorning, outside lane of three lane urban by-pass chock a block with slow moving cars at peak time.

As i got closer it turned out to be a Daf XF or similar Daf model, towing a standard sized semi trailer (might have been a box jockey didn’t pay that much attention), in the front of the screen he had a row of blue lights, the outer set of each were strobing one side then the other, these were as bright and blue as you’d see on any genuine emergency vehicle.

Now maybe these help him get through traffic swiftly :wink: , but i wonder how long till a traffic car spots him and gives him the bollocking (and fines) of his life.

Or is Angus now pulling a trailer for better disguise, if so then A the lorry needs a wash mate, and B those blues are a dead giveaway.

Sooner or later he’s in for a mighty reaming from old bill, they aint going to mighty pleased to see the traffic parting like a modern day moses on the red sea I’ve said before and I say it again there’s some right plant pots doing the job today.

Are you sure it wasn’t a genuine blue light vehicle?
The police, Army and others use blue light trucks for various things.

Emergency KFC delivery?

Remember seeing something similar years ago,sitting in stationary traffic on the M6 @ Preston and a proper battered old white transit van came whizzing past on the hard shoulder with blue lights flashing on the dash…the unmarked police car a few vehicles in front took a keen interest and chased behind it!

I assume the transit van was nothing more than a courier who got some cheap lights off eBay,wonder what he told the police :laughing:

109LWB:
Are you sure it wasn’t a genuine blue light vehicle?
The police, Army and others use blue light trucks for various things.

Yes there are quite a few military and bomb disposal unmarked vehicles use them regularly.(usually training) Surely nobody would have the balls to use them without permission.

There was a guy in Newbury the other day - evening rush - on a small 125? bike and he had blue lights mounted on the front - they didn’t flash admittedly but he’d put them at handle bar height one either side and they were about two to three inches round.

In the dark at a glance they were quite effective shall we say.

And how these bikers get away with their POLITE hi-viz waistcoats…

I used to have a blue flashing mag mount , used to creep up on my mates and scare the doo doo out of them .
I cleared a street in Margate once in my recovery truck , only had battenberg stripes on it and I was in black with a ex police hi-viz coat on and an early vox headset for my phone . They thought I was the ■■■■■■ truck for un-taxed and uninsured cars when the scheme first started .
Haven’t a couple of forces got fire brigade salvage rigs all lighted up ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Somebody has just mentioned on another forum that an unmarked white Transit van on an 08 plate came up behind him on the a33 near Reading and started flashing some blue lights across the windscreen so he pulled over and it shot off like a rocket. It had flashing blue lights in the rear lamp cluster as well, what could that be for then?

Pete.

windrush:
Somebody has just mentioned on another forum that an unmarked white Transit van on an 08 plate came up behind him on the a33 near Reading and started flashing some blue lights across the windscreen so he pulled over and it shot off like a rocket. It had flashing blue lights in the rear lamp cluster as well, what could that be for then?

Pete.

Ambulance training possibly. I see them a couple times a week round my way in an old LWB transit with lights front, back and on top. Only marking is “driver training unit” on the side.

harrawaffa:

windrush:

Pete.

Ambulance training possibly. I see them a couple times a week round my way in an old LWB transit with lights front, back and on top. Only marking is “driver training unit” on the side.

Possible then, the poster did say that there were no windows in the side or rear and no logo on it though? However it vanished that quickly that he soon lost sight of it so obviously travelling at high speed.

Pete.

oldhippyandy:
Emergency KFC delivery?

Ha ha. Yeah, the police ‘branched out’ and got the contract.

Back in the day, there was a lad around Northampton in a Mk2 Cavalier that had blue lights on his car, and he used to pull people over and issue tickets and everything. I don’t know what happened to him, but the police must have caught up with him.

oldhippyandy:
Emergency KFC delivery?

:laughing: :laughing:

grumpyken52:
Haven’t a couple of forces got fire brigade salvage rigs all lighted up ?

I used to be involved with special types fire trucks on test not usually fitted with their lights at that point but most were fitted with their American Federal Signals type yelp and PA systems,when the services were all still using two tone air horns here.Which I have to say we did ‘sometimes’ have a laugh with out on the roads :smiling_imp: :smiley: