Canada...illusions and info

Hey stevejones,

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I think I read some of your posts on this site about being out in Canada before.

I have heard stories about them treating drivers pretty poorly and I don’t like the thought of being someone’s dog until the PR comes through. Some drivers are on shockingly low CPM rates too! TBH, I would struggle the first year, I know I would. I like being home every night and weekends off, call me a snob, but I actually enjoy my free time…a lot! So much so that I think that would probably be my main reason for not coming: work-life balance (yes, that dirty word). Also, the two weeks paid leave is stingy.

Geez, the above makes me sounds like an entitled layabout.

I think you have hit the proverbial nail when you said we have it fairly decent in terms if driving in the UK. Having never worked as a driver in another country I wouldn’t know, but from what I’ve read it is beginning to make sense. I could give it a go but I would walking away from the easygoing setup I have here. Maybe better to do like you say and take a driving holiday.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated :smiley: :smiley:

P.S. You say you are in the UK on the 28th, do you work outside the UK?