Just seddon Atkinsons

gandy:
Hi Dennis,
Did you ever buy any of your SA 400.S from Ryland Warrington [ North Cheshire Motors ] i joined them in 1976 but cannot remember any sales to yourself. We supplied many chassis up your way, Brady,s / Woodhouse etc. My boss was Jack Green whom i am still in touch with who emigrated to Australia around 79/80.

You certainly ran a magnificent fleet and your stories make a wonderful and enthralling read of a transport operation.
The Merc sk,s i presume you bought from Cicely what was the story behind the purchase of these ? and did they perform well ?

Thanks & regards

Peter Gandy

With regard to the Mercs yes I did buy them from Cicely ( ■■■■ Frankland) but they came about when we started up a Euro fleet running into Holland and W. Germany and plus I was very friendly with John Gough the Mercedes Northern region Sales manager who was based at Doncaster but I had known him since he was sales Manager at Crane Fruehauf Oldham and he had supplied us with many 40 ft CF tandems during the mid/later 70’s. The Mercs were great motors all 440’s and they were bomb proof. Cheers Dennis.