Just seddon Atkinsons

Hiya Peter, I’ll tell you the main reason why I wouldn’t deal with Hardmans ( J. Greenwood) was when I was buying the haulage interests of Davy & Co (Grange) Ltd in June '76 which was made up of three subsidiaries of K. Fell & Co, J. B. Hudson Ltd and J. L. Ion Ltd. was the fact that the price they put on that 6 month old sleeper ( 250 ■■■■■■■■ parked next to the new LXB was more money that I could buy a new 8LXB Sleeper at the time ! John Davy showed me invoice from Dec '75 which Greenwood had “stuffed” into him and the fictitious list price quoted was inflated and then “big deal” less 17% discount IIRC and Davy still got his “ears pinned back” ( as Malc and I used to say!). Absolutely disgusting so guess what I tackled Greenwood the next time he came scrounging into the yard and all I got was a load of waffle along the lines “are you accusing me of robbing Mr. Davy” --“Yes I ■■■■■■■ am and you can ■■■■ off out of this yard” ! They had also stuffed him on a 1974 RR engined 32/4 but that was a way back a bit so I just threw the slipe at him about that one, the Arrosol ! Hudson Engineers did the same with Davy on an ERF “A” Series so they got ■■■■■■ off as well. When I was taught to “deal” by The Master a.k.a. Malc Woodhouse Snr you soon no what to look for and how to deal with cretin Salesmen :wink: Cheers Dennis.