Tacho question.

albion:

ROG:

ag1992:
At our place we have to record our hours even if driving the van. Theres a bloke working In the warehouse awaiting a op and even he has to record his hours and say that he isn’t driving. Not sure if it’s needed by law or not?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Not needed by law for eu tacho regs but perhaps best written in a diary so as to account for non driving days

ROG as my earlier pist (unless I’m misreading yours and ag’s post), if you are driving in scope, you need to account for any days you aren’t driving.

One of our lads got laid up for 9 hours because they said he couldn’t prove his was off the day before, despite having a sheet detailing his hours, start, finish, POA, driving, work, ferry day off with him.

DVSA said out of scope days should have a manual entry on the tachometer. Backhouse Jones and the RHA disagreed and said our system was legal; they both agreed on the need to record hours though.

If driving a van, so on domestic, then the logbook is fine, but if someone had a day in the yard that needed recording because of EU regs, then the dairy / logbook, although may be accepted isn’t one of the official ways to make the record, your options are manual entry, written on a printout or back of a wax chart