Night tramping question

robroy:

TiredAndEmotional:
It was a rhetorical question. I do occasionally travel by coach and personally I would be avoiding a company who worked their staff in this manner. Split shifts that see a driver working from am one day into am the next are risking peoples lives through fatigue. Yes he has a break in the middle only 9 hours or so after climbing out of bed. Now I know you’re one of the supertruckers who don’t need any sleep but I’d be very surprised if that fella wasn’t showing signs of fatigue at some point through that latter shift. It’s well known that around 3am is peak time for accidents resulting from fatigue and I’d say your man is a candidate for that. .

A bit like a guy in charge of 44tonnes doing a 15 hour shift and taking 9 hours OFF …not necessarilly all REST and starting the whole process again.
Legal ?.. Yes.
Safe ? … No
Outdated in Century 21?.. Most definitely.

Bang on with that mate. It’s the heroes though that cause it :angry:

Allowing the planners to bum them senseless, or even worse, ASKING for long shifts so that they can earn some more money because they cannot control their fat arsed wives spending all the cash :grimacing: