What do I need if I give my operators license to a company t

The days of ‘lending your name’ as a CPC holder are long gone.

You can be a professional Transport Manager and take care of more than one O licence at a time, given certain provisions, which have been published by the Traffic Commissioners.

The TC will want to see evidence that you have enough time to be able to exercise ‘continuous and effective’ control over all the vehicles on all the O licences that you cover all of the time. He/she will also expect to see evidence that you are actually managing the fleets and their drivers…ie if you say a truck isn’t leaving the yard, then it stays in the yard…all the time. You must be able to over-rule directors/proprietors in this respect. You must have systems in place for monitoring vehicle condition, drivers hours etc. The drivers are expected to know who you are and to respect your authority. And there must be evidence that you are being renummerated at a level appropriate to your management responsibilities.

And if one of the companies that you manage gets called up to a PI, then expect the rest to follow.