W.H.WILLIAMS (spennymoor)

Bewick:
Hi Carl ,your comment on the cost of purchasing “the goodwill” of an “A” licence reminded me of when I was starting as a 21 year old O/D in '68 when I paid £1500 for the first one and the same for the second, the third one I obtained the hard way, and was granted the third after attending the Public Enquiry with all the supporting evidence in the form of earnings statements and two letters of support from my, then, main customers Henry Cooke Ltd. ( Paper Mill) and Libbys .The " normal user" I acquired when the first two licences were transferred bore no resemblance to the much curtailed one I acquired at the end of the Public enquiry ! But I got what I wanted i.e. Goods as required throughout GB for Henry Cooke Ltd and Libby Mc Neil & Libby. Bingo ! The objectors got what they wanted :wink: NO carriage of livestock, NO Furniture or Household removals, NO Builders requisites and NO Agricultural produce or requites !!! Cheers Dennis.

Hi, Dennis,

I bet you were gutted that they did not let you carry livestock, especially on a flat trailer. I often hear you giving advise on roping & sheeting nut even you would have had difficulty roping & sheeting a load of live sheep!