Depression and lorry driving

I’m sure there are levels of depression, but my experience of having a very good friend with diagnosed depression is that the “Black Dog” can visit at any time without reason and bring him right down and won’t even open the door to friends or family. Been some scary times over the years where we thought we’d lose him despite the best efforts of the medical profession, family and friends.

I wouldn’t dare say whether you’re properly clinically depressed or not, but you’ve just had a relationship breakdown, it’s winter in the UK, long nights, short days, I assume you’re alone in a truck a lot of the time, so have loads of time to run over what went wrong in your head and beat yourself up about it and about your life. Been their and seen other friends there as well, when life kicks them in the balls.

Before you try the pills, have you talked it through with somebody, either a really good friend who you can trust or professional counselling? Sometimes just getting somebody to listen to you can get things in perspective in your head, they often don’t have to say anything much.

Seems like Albion has similar thoughts to me.