Suttons Tankers Dispute

So much aggression, so much presumption.

To answer your questions.

If unions came back to that degree, I’d retire. I’ve stated before I can do at any time.

Family patronage…that’s very very funny. My Dad had his own wagon, he went bankrupt and I had to buy the family home to keep it, that was before I worked for myself. Is that what you mean by family patronage? :wink:

We do share something, I made what I have because of my merit, that would be a small firm of 25 drivers over two bases. My Dad died leaving nothing but a small rented warehouse that wasn’t making money that my mum shut down straightaway. My mam left me 10k. That’s my life of privelege. :unamused: The rest of it I slogged for, much like anyone else who has a go in this business. I try and run a business that people are happy to work in and since people stay, they seem happy enough. Work and luck play a big part in how things pan out.

Confrontation, never something I seek out. But if anyone wants a fight, they can have one. I’m not money oriented, I work for myself because I’ve tended to go my own way in life, working for other people doesn’t fit my awkward personality. If you think that means I can’t cope with idiots, crack on, you don’t know me.