Suttons Tankers Dispute

Janos:
You have me all wrong T&E. I have had some really good years, and would not change my status. I am not against fighting for a good wage per se, I am against the inequity of some tanker drivers earning half of what Suttons old school lot are on, and them being stupid enough to think the day will come when all firms will pay them the same rate if they support the fight. Most drivers will get a wage dictated by the market, as do most working people, me included. It is not about jealousy, it is about closed shop union bully boys shouting the odds. Makes my blood boil. Working out of Liverpool Docks, and having to frequent the steel works of the UK during the eighties and nineties was an education.

There are more bullies wearing the old school tie mate than in any “closed shop” if there is such a thing these days. When you come on here raging about the offshore fiddles, lords and masters paying less tax than their domestics and hiring young pretty things thinking they’re free to ■■■■■ and manhandle them because they’ve “bought it” I might have more time for your thoughts. You obviously have an axe to grind so it’s personal for you rather than a general discussion about the politics.