Suttons Tankers Dispute

albion:

Janos:

albion:
I honest don’t know what the answer is, I don’t like the situation (talking about the race to the bottom generally), but threatening people with violence is never the way forward.

A race to the bottom? A 30% cut will still see them on about 40 grand a year.

As I said I was talking on a more general basis. I have no idea what Suttons drivers are on, the principle remains that they are unsurprisingly ■■■■■■ off at the reduction of their wage, irrespective of if you earn 20k or 60k, You had a deal and now someone wans to go back on it.

There have been experiments done (Saturday night, I`ll try to post links tomorrow) about perceived values of possessions and possible gains. People will value a lot more what they already have than what they could possibly gain. How much harder is it then for someone (Suttons drivers) to give up what they have knowing full well THEY ARE GOING TO LOOSE?
Management here have made a BooBoo. They are obeying current UK laws it seems. Give transport to another company. TUPE employees over. New company has to re-tender, and Voila! All your old, experienced, valuable drivers at a knock down price. Welcome to “Competitive Britain”. (Sorry, is that bait?)

As it is I don`t think the posting of piccies was a good idea. Not harmful in itself, of course, but just. . . un-necessary?

I`ve got to agree with you Albion:
You have provided no answers.

Where can I get a refund?