Cursor Eurostar 430 fuel consumption?

Can someone please advise Realistic fuel consumption for this vehicle
Freighted 44 ton
light 38 ton
AVERAGE OVERALL
Thanks Mike

Mike, sorry I cant help you, but do you have any info in the same light about the fuel consumption with the older Eurostar 420 engine? We are soon to ahve a R reg 400/42 on the track, and dont have a clue what to expect with it.

Mal.

Hi Mal
Thanks for reply
My Pre Cursor Eurostar manages 6.5 freighted 38t
and 7.2 light 34/36
Averages out about 7
ok?
Rgds Mike

Cheers for that Mike. We run containers, and a lot of them as you know are very light. The motor will be plated and taxed for running 40t max, but its not going to be running at that often at all. So, we might get about 7.5 to 8 if its driven carefull and bearing in mind the lots of empty and light running then. The current motor is an M11 powered Sedd Ack, and we have got as much as 9 out of it, but a regular 8+ and I was told that running near top whack on those motors regularly gave a figure nearer the 7’s as in the pre cursor iveco you just commented on.

I hope you get your info soon!

Mal.

My Uncle was just saying last week that they discovered their Iveco Eurostar was only returning 4 mpg talk about been very annoyed Lol it’s on Lease from Bells of Ashington and although it’s due for replacing in June he was saying it’ll be cheaper to stand it in the yard till the replacement motor arrives :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Bells reckon they cant find anything wrong with it, i.e injectors okay and no leaks etc :confused: :confused: :confused:

I know thats plated at 44 ton but could’nt tell you the exact model or specs to it.

No doubt wait until June and call in a Bells and you’ll see it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: