Peak District.

rastone:

windrush:
I carted a lot of spar from Slinter Minings Tearsall quarry between Bonsall and Winster to Cavendish Mill Chris, I think they still supply it nowadays as the quarry is on the opposite hillside to me and I can see trucks moving about? Bank quarry in Matlock is mentioned in that article, I live just under the quarry face of that! :wink:

Pete.

When I started work in 1954 they ran black Morris Commercials.I think they bought their motors from a place in Brownhills I’ve a feeling they might have owned the dealer but correct me if I’m wrong.In fact I used to see them when I was at school.I remember them at Matlock not far from the lovely Mrs Tint’is.I think there is a Morris Commercial on the show scene somewhere in their livery.

Tony

Long before my time Tony! Mostly Foden and then later on MAN when I arrived in the area, although I gather they ran a lot of Commers when the M1 was being built. They still run some Man’s but Scania are creeping into the fleet as well now. We had our fuel delivered from Tinti’s when we lived in ‘the Bath’ but they are long gone as well. They had an AEC Marshal bulker that Lenny Frost drove, coincidently he later drove for Slinter Mining for many years after a spell for Pitchmastic in Ball Eye quarry at Cromford.

Pete.