Tramping for newbies

Rodneytrotter89:

Rottweiler22:
Personally, I wouldn’t rule Stobarts out. I worked for Stobarts as well as other big corporate hauliers, and I found the job at Stobarts better than the others. A few do whinge and moan, but I as well as quite a lot of other Stobart drivers think it’s one of the better tramping jobs. They’ll take a new driver too, whereas some of the smaller family-owned firms will want a few years experience.

You’ll probably get a brand new Volvo or Scania, and the same truck every week. Stobarts have a very big network too, so you could quite easily see England, Wales and Scotland in your week. The work was always clean too. Yes, they will pile the work onto you. The driver trainer at the induction himself said that it’s assumed trampers would rather be driving and earning than parked-up. So they will try and max you out. But, you’re paid hourly, and believe me, there are a lot worse firms to tramp for than Stobarts.

Tramping is what I want to do will they give that to newbies? And do you get to choose out of the Volvo or scania or they just give u which ever they want to give you

they give you what truck is available then you are stuck with that truck until it gets sent to another depot or replaced with a new truck