Has the country gone soft?

Freight Dog:

eagerbeaver:

Freight Dog:
The most embarrassing thing I heard about the weather this week was a reporter on BBC news blabbing “everyone is engaging the blitz spirit”. It’s snow ffs not bombs blasting London to pieces.

Schools have been closed twice in last 6 weeks here. Once for 3 days when it got a bit windy and this week when it snowed.

In other news my iPad news feed popped up a news bite “we’re taking our wives’ names when we marry because we’re a new generation and we do things differently”

Yup, country is on the bones of it’s arse.

This country reeks of fear. Fear of not being ’ liked ’ on Facecack. Fear of DVSA. Fear of being sued. Fear of having a home repo’d. Fear of being out of work. Fear of being labelled a racist. Fear of coming off benefits. Fear of bleeding everything.

It’s about time in this country that folk got a grip.

Country should be called United Kingdom of daft [zb]. It’s an embrassement.

I have been doing one of our Lake District routes this week mate. My last drop is Kendal, so I come off at J39 (Southbound) on the M6 and go in over Shap on the A6. Heard on R2 Thursday that it was shut, but tried it anyway. Sure enough it was closed, so no big deal I reversed back 50 feet to the T-junction and got back on the M6 and came off at 38.

Yesterday same radio station said it’s open but not advisable. Came off at 39 again and rarely dropped below 30 mph.

Gritted and barely anything else on both sides, a complete piece of ■■■■ :unamused: People are so negative, it borders on the insane :imp: