Looking for owner operators for a cooperative

Hello guys in few months I’ll get my operator licence hopefully. I was thinking to gather some owner operators in order to set up a kind of “haulage cooperative”. Better and stronger together :smiley:
What do you think?
Is any of you interested?
Thank you

Iam already in one ,we are similar to the free masons thanks anyway . :wink:

Always been a loner.

Im not an O/D but im intrigued as to how you propose to work this co-operative! What`s your plan? How will it work? Who will be in charge? How much will YOU earn out of this then?? :laughing:

albion:
Always been a loner.

You sound like you need a hug Albion!! :laughing: :wink:

I won’t earn anything it is just that I feel like a small fish in a sea of sharks and it would be nice being part of something bigger.

Punchy Dan:

Maybe I am gonna join one. How does it work yours?

sounds like a good idea .But in haulage everyone’s out for them selves . :unamused: :laughing:

Beetlejuice:
sounds like a good idea .But in haulage everyone’s out for them selves . :unamused: :laughing:

Yeah kind of :laughing: just testing the water mate.

Tempest:

Punchy Dan:

Maybe I am gonna join one. How does it work yours?

Quite seriously I work with both my 2 brothers we share work between us ,also I work with a large firm who I swap work with and with 2 other firms as well infact there’s quite some more involved too , odd times it’s difficult to avoid each other’s toes :neutral_face: ,the bigger firm had a customer take them for £380,000 and asked all to help with quick payments fortunately I was able to help by giving work and paying at the end of each week .

albion:
Always been a loner.

Would you really want to share some of your bespoke work though :wink:

Didnt that get tried years ago? Link or something along those lines

bullitt:

albion:
Always been a loner.

I’m feeling the love from here bullitt :wink:

albion:

bullitt:

albion:
Always been a loner.

I’m feeling the love from here bullitt :wink:

Mr Lover Lover… :laughing: :wink:

chaversdad:

I dunno maybe… but I can tell you that in Italy

Transport Co-operatives are quite powerful and very useful for small operators Look at this consar.it/eng/index.html

Punchy Dan:

albion:
Always been a loner.

Would you really want to share some of your bespoke work though :wink:

Nope.

My main subbie I’d trust, rest of them in my world, not a chance.

In all seriousness, I think you have to be very careful, Times get hard, or someone feels rightly or wrongly that they are doing the heavy lifting, principles are out of the window. I’ve always thought you are better off ploughing your own furrow.

chaversdad:

LinqAlliance, then Bedfords bought it and cherry picked iirc.

Ken.

In principle a good idea, but as others have said, we are by nature individuals.
Cooperatives work with shops and farmers where the products are directly comparable, selling feed wheat and milk or buying tins of beans.
What might work, if we all had for example 3 fuel card suppliers each.
Then move “our” whole fleet to best card individually to best card ■■?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macker1999:
In principle a good idea, but as others have said, we are by nature individuals.
Cooperatives work with shops and farmers where the products are directly comparable, selling feed wheat and milk or buying tins of beans.
What might work, if we all had for example 3 fuel card suppliers each.
Then move “our” whole fleet to best card individually to best card ■■?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it sounds good … like a group purchasing organization

Definition :a group purchasing organization(GPO) is an entity that is created to leverage the purchasing power :wink: of a group of businesses to obtain discounts from vendorsbased on the collective buying power of the GPO members.