Van driver earning more than class 1 driver

Roymondo:

Tipperdipper1:
Security duties■■?

If anyone wants to grab the load, well carry on as I won’t fight anybody who does.
I will sit in my cab and report it or be asleep anyway.

It is your presence in the vehicle that provides the deterrent.

Not in my experience it isn’t, I had a couple of scrotes in my trailer at The Fox Colsterworth about 10yrs ago.
It was still shut after Xmas hols, but well lit up.
The thing that I noticed more than anything else, was the total disregard they had for the racket they were making, …as if they had a right to be in there ! :open_mouth:

I was on for Brit European, so had a kooi on my back doors, so the only way in was through the front ‘headboard doors’ which meant them climbing on the back of my unit, to which they just bounced around not caring.
If I had been really brave I would have got out, locked the bastds in, and carried on…I was shipping out to Calais, which would have been nice for them. :smiling_imp:
If only eh? :smiley:
I wasn’t sure if there was another guy in their van, and/or they could have been carrying knives, also it was snowing hard so if things had gone ■■■■ up I could have been left and froze to death, so I just (wisely I reckon) stayed in cab, and just started up the engine until they (eventually) ■■■■ ed off. :smiling_imp:
I had no desire to be a (maybe stabbed) hero. :bulb: