How safe was this?

One of these type vans (see pic) passed me with 4 IBC double stacked on the very back just strapped down. Looked odd to me seeing them double stacked on such a small vehicle. Bet it knackered his mpg to.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

so long as they were strapped i dont see a problem…unless they were full…in which case +the tyres would have have been on the rims…

Lots of volume but no weight .
4 empty IBCs less than 500kg .
4 full ones about 4 tons !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

grumpyken52:
Lots of volume but no weight .
4 empty IBCs less than 500kg .
4 full ones about 4 tons !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ah gotcha.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anybody with a bit of gumption would have dropped the top two down to the deck

SHYTOT:
Anybody with a bit of gumption would have dropped the top two down to the deck

Depends if the internal bed dimensions would accommodate it I suppose, if two IBC’s side by side equal say 2002mm to 2005mm (even though a standard IBC is 1000mm wide you’d have to factor in for the smallest inaccuracies due to warping, denting or any other number of reasons) then they won’t fit exactly in to a ~ 2000mm bed (which due to it’s own reasons could easily be slightly less than the 2000mm stated)

Anyone with a bit of gumption would work that one out surely? :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I’ve had bigger than that driver :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Double stacked on the very back lead me to believe they were side by side

Punchy Dan:

I’m betting that 98 Sprinter is still going strong too! Better than half of the new garbage forced upon us now!

Steve H:

Punchy Dan:

I’m Betting That 98 Sprinter Is Still Going Strong Too… I’d Rather That Than Half Of The New Garbage Thats Forced Upon Us Now. Looks Tidy :smiley:

Well I wouldn’t know m8 but I had it from 150,000 miles until about 580,000 I think ,when I sold I believed it was going to Poland however the dealer I sold it to hired it to a steel fabs co for about 5 years :laughing: