What type of nut is this?

Hi guys any idea what type of nut this is? It’s on the underside of a bracket on a microwave

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Torx head

TiredAndEmotional:
Torx head

Thanks couldn’t for the life of me figure it out. No wonder my sockets wouldn’t budge it

It’s called a DNF fastener.

Do Not Faff [emoji23]

Wheel Nut 3:

Do Not Faff [emoji23]

[emoji38]so you think it may be a bugger to get undone?

superscaniaV8:

Wheel Nut 3:

Do Not Faff [emoji23]

One of a range of “anti-tamper” fasteners, designed to stop us playing with things like microwave ovens. If they are reassembled wrongly there is a health risk from leaking microwave radiation.

Franglais:

superscaniaV8:

Wheel Nut 3:

Do Not Faff [emoji23]

One of a range of “anti-tamper” fasteners, designed to stop us playing with things like microwave ovens. If they are reassembled wrongly there is a health risk from leaking microwave radiation.

Not actually going to touch the microwave itself. Just need to move it temporarily. So was hoping to unbolt from the bracket do what needs doing & put it back

Most sets of multi fastner bits have a selection of torx, both the standard and non tamper version. Can be had in Wilko, halfrauds, or anywhere else that sells tools.

Like this one

5FqJ1d1D67_Zb0eEMxVzvSHbQMQhUlWKgSHh0YaAmI2EALw_wcB

Other suppliers are available…

the nodding donkey:
Most sets of multi fastner bits have a selection of torx, both the standard and non tamper version. Can be had in Wilko, halfrauds, or anywhere else that sells tools.

True.
Anti-tamper fittings . . . AKA “we want some more cash so here is yet another type of fitting that you`ve gotta get tools for”.

Franglais:

the nodding donkey:

True.
Anti-tamper fittings . . . AKA “we want some more cash so here is yet another type of fitting that you`ve gotta get tools for”.

Oh you old cynic… :grimacing:

First things first - it’s a bolt, not a nut.

kevin0410:

Are you sure it`s not a screw?

kevin0410:

pedantalert!.jpeg

Franglais:

kevin0410:

Are you sure it`s not a screw?

:grimacing:

Take no notice of anti tamper screws. if you want to know how something works, pull it apart. Putting it back together and having it working again could be a different matter though :stuck_out_tongue:
As mentioned its a torx head, most likely T20 or T25, microwave and other small appliance std sizes…

Forget the expense of torx heads. Use your Allen keys.

Beau Nydel:
Forget the expense of torx heads. Use your Allen keys.

[emoji38] all done now cheers T27 was the size Trucknet to the rescue again ARF

They’re not just fitted as anti-tamper… there are more sophisticated fasteners to do that.

Basically, they are used because they’re better suited to the assembly process than the old-fashioned Phillips and Pozi-Drive heads we used to have. The screw is less prone to wobble when it’s on the end of the screwdriver (often on a robot) so the chances of crossed threads and misplaced screws are reduced, which of course speeds up assembly times and therefore makes the job more efficient and cost-effective.

They’re also able to be done up to a higher torque than the old-fashioned heads.And on the plus side, easier to remove if they get rusted.