Cumbria biomass work questions

Interested in working for either Aw Jenkinsons. Dent logistics or Stobart group. Which on is best. Im leaning towards Dent smaller company, nice variety of work/ places to see, have decent trucks and most are back by tea on a friday etc only downside is no truckstops paid laybys only.
Someone sell me the job good and bad.

No comment on any of the above companies, but for biomass work in general avoid anything involving shredded waste, at the end of the shift you will smell like a dustcart and after a week your home and car will too.

No paid parking, must be a day job then. :smiley:

Shouldabeenajoiner:
Interested in working for either Aw Jenkinsons. Dent logistics or Stobart group. Which on is best. Im leaning towards Dent smaller company, nice variety of work/ places to see, have decent trucks and most are back by tea on a friday etc only downside is no truckstops paid laybys only.

Free diesel?

I’d rule out the last one just for the no paid parking.Might not like parking in msa’s or truckstops.But nice to know you can if you want.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Due to continued growth”, has there ever been a more misused phrase? :laughing:

Malcolm pays less than £9 an hour :open_mouth:

Thanks guys

We’ve had all three companies working out of our yard all on the same contract,waste work, although lately its predominantly AW Jenkinson’s.

I might be wrong but i think Dent’s do a lot of Subbie work for Jenkinson’s? Stobarts use a lot of agency drivers but Jenkinson’s are full time mostly and seem happy enough.
Probably not much between them pay wise though Jenkinson’s are the bigger company walking floor wise so maybe easier to get in with?

■■■■■■■■ in same pot

Shouldabeenajoiner:

Out of the 3 why would you choose the sub contractor who I would bet sure as hell pay less than the 2 direct companies.
Also Stobarts and Jenkys pay all parking, so again why choose the one who does not.
I know a lad on Stobart Biomas, and a lad on Jenkys, they too are usually home at a reasonable time Friday.
I also know a lad on Tues to Sat on Jenkys, he is always finished early Saturdays.

Why would anyone want to sleep in a wagon? The only way I would do a ‘night out ‘ would be if they paid me for an hotel including evening meal and breakfast.

Mickey mouse:
Why would anyone want to sleep in a wagon? The only way I would do a ‘night out ‘ would be if they paid me for an hotel including evening meal and breakfast.

Perhaps they sleep in a wagon because they have the intelligence and ability to entertain themselves or perhaps they aren’t so needy as to require constant human interaction to make themselves feel better. I dunno, maybe they quite like it?

Mickey mouse:

As Maoster says, and also because maybe you’re listening to the work/sleep type guys who o/night park in lay bys MSAs etc, so never leave their cab, and live out of a bag, waiting for the next shift to start, whilst being bored off their ■■■■ for 11 or 9 hours.
If so you’re right, under those conditions… ‘Who would want anybody want to sleep in a wagon’ .
Certainly not me either.

Hgv parking near morrisons sittingbourne

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mickey mouse:

I like to maximise my earning potential.

robroy:

Mickey mouse:

As Maoster says, and also because maybe you’re listening to the work/sleep type guys who o/night park in lay bys MSAs etc, so never leave their cab, and live out of a bag, waiting for the next shift to start, whilst being bored off their ■■■■ for 11 or 9 hours.
If so you’re right, under those conditions… ‘Who would want anybody want to sleep in a wagon’ .
Certainly not me either.

I sleep in my wagon as I don’t see the point of wasting a gallon of fuel to go home when I’m set up with clothes and food for the week and the yard is in a quiet area and has a shower there
also local village has some good take ways there as well
P/S I can also get a lay in as well :wink: :wink:

blue estate:

robroy:

Mickey mouse:

Certainly not me either.

I sleep in my wagon as I don’t see the point of wasting a gallon of fuel to go home when I’m set up with clothes and food for the week and the yard is in a quiet area and has a shower there
also local village has some good take ways there as well
P/S I can also get a lay in as well :wink: :wink:

Or you could do what I do, make sure you don’t get back to yard, park up 20 miles or so away, and get paid for the night out.
Or if you’re really clever park near home and get picked up by the wife, and still get paid that night out.

Its not just biomass, we do farms,sawmills,waste and pallets.if you want an easy life and enjoy sitting on motorways all day then backing onto a bay,the job wont be for you, but if you dont mind getting dirty,going to places that you dont normally see and are up for a challenge its a cracking job. Expenses are paid here… and ive never had to run in on a saturday yet.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk