Suttons Tankers Dispute

adam277:
I may be wrong I’ve only dealt in the pallet/parcel business but I’ve seen this happen before. Contractor at a well known parcel company got told your only getting £200 per truck you have here a day when it used to be £250 a day. He turned round and said fine I’ll pull my trucks out then and he lost the contract and all his drivers lost a job.
The contractor couldn’t afford to run 10 trucks a day and pay his drivers so he decided to leave; that extra £50 was pretty much what he made for himself the £200 is ■■■■■■■ in the trucks and driver wages.

Oh. Well. I take back everything I said. In fact, the Suttons drivers should be pleased that a pay cut is on the cards. What would you do if your gaffer said that he was taking a quid an hour off you? From what you’ve told us so far the answer would be ‘OK boss. That sounds… reasonable.’

adam277:
I will say I’m not a big fan of going back to the union days of the 70s like some of you no doubt are when black outs and shortages in food and petrol due to strikes was common place.

The days of the what? You’ve posted elsewhere that you’re 25 years old. You wouldn’t know what the 1970s were like if they came back and kicked you in the ■■■■■■■■.