Suttons Tankers Dispute

adam277:

Olog Hai:
What is even more bizarre is that one poster in this thread regards it as ‘reasonable’ behaviour on Suttons’ part.

Correct! but like I said I don’t know the full story only going by what is mentioned in this thread. If Nynas(think thats what they are called) have decided on paying lower rates then Sutton will be out of pocket due to reduced revenue.
Also I doubt most of you know the full story either.

I may be wrong I’ve only dealt in the pallet/parcel business but I’ve seen this happen before. Contractor at a well known parcel company got told your only getting £200 per truck you have here a day when it used to be £250 a day. He turned round and said fine I’ll pull my trucks out then and he lost the contract and all his drivers lost a job.
The contractor couldn’t afford to run 10 trucks a day and pay his drivers so he decided to leave; that extra £50 was pretty much what he made for himself the £200 is ■■■■■■■ in the trucks and driver wages.

If this is similar to the situation at Suttons then it does sound reasonable; considering the alternative will be job losses. THAT BEING SAID I and probably most of the people here don’t know the full story and this is just my initial thoughts on the affair.
I will say I’m not a big fan of going back to the union days of the 70s like some of you no doubt are when black outs and shortages in food and petrol due to strikes was common place.

Here is a meaningless platitude to appease the angry crowd.
BOOOOOO BIG COMPANIES SCREWING THE DRIVERS!

More like, BOOOO Big business screwing EVEYONE.

Prices rise at the till and wages are cut in the persuit of profit. More cake anyone?