South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

smallcoal:

yanto36:
Haven’t been on here for a while gents since I sold my K series Dodge and just been trawling through the pages that I have missed! What a fantastic site for memories, Musto’s cafe on the Llantwit road, could well have been some of my dads 4 wheel tippers in there when the loads were being collected from Cwm, Valley Carriers, my father in law worked there in the stores for Grove commercials, Patch RIP, I had the pleasure of working with him when I did a spell shunting for John Raymond in the abbey after leaving the office and buying an old ex bulmers cider F10, Patch was always clowning about and I’m not sure if he was shunting for Joint’s or Blue Line at the time but the weighbridge was always a better place if you were waiting to weigh a trailer through!
Brilliant pages sure there’s more memories ive missed and more to come, keep up the good work and I will leave you with a photo of a GH Moreton of Barry Seddon Atki used for the Barry carnival, anybody remember them?
Ian

Hi Ian would I remember you cause I shunted in the abbey and knew patch and his brother pieman he fell off a jr tilt in bay 16 damaged his back cheers John

John I was there for a spell in 1992 shunting with a white volvo f10, vernon from swansea way taught me how to rope and sheet on an old JR foden, I think there was a Gareth there and also remember a guy who had a creamy coloured Bedford TM but can’t remember his name, Keith was in the weighbridge, Mike and Nick were in a porth cabin for JR on the trailer park, kept you fit that job, especially unrolling 40ft tarps.